Posted By ML Admin, April 11, 2011 at 7:59 AM, in Category: Press Room
Prof. Jim Davis from the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) Joins the Manufacturing Leadership Council Board
Manufacturing Enterprise Communications announces the appointment of its 15th Board member
NEW YORK, April 11, 2011-- Manufacturing Enterprise Communications, a division of Thomas Publishing Company LLC, the leading authority in manufacturing for more than 100 years, announces the appointment of Prof. Jim Davis of UCLA to the Manufacturing Leadership Council Board.
“We are delighted to welcome Prof. Jim Davis, Vice Provost of IT and CTO at UCLA, and we look forward to benefiting from his insights and experience as a member of the Manufacturing Leadership Council Board,” said Heather Holst-Knudsen, Manufacturing Enterprise Communications President.
The Manufacturing Leadership Council is an invitation-only membership organization engaged in peer-to-peer knowledge sharing, with a focus on creating a better future for manufacturing.
“To date, members of the Manufacturing Leadership Council include global leaders in manufacturing, with companies such as Nestlé, Ferrari, General Motors, GlaxoSmithKline, Dow Chemicals, Roche, Colgate-Palmolive, Boeing, Ingersoll Rand, and Raytheon represented by their senior executives. We are very proud that such names are part of the Manufacturing Leadership Council, whose purpose is to create a better future for manufacturing,” commented David Brousell, Editor-in-Chief of Manufacturing Enterprise Communications.
The Manufacturing Leadership Council is driven by a distinguished board of manufacturing executives, academics,researchers, and analysts.
Members of the Manufacturing Leadership Board also include:
- Andy Chatha, ARC Advisory Group, President and Founder
- Paul Christodoulou, University of Cambridge, Institute for Manufacturing, Senior Industrial Fellow
- Adriana Karaboutis, Dell, Vice President, Information Technology
- Dr. Larry Lapide, MIT Center for Transportation & Logistics, Research Affiliate
- Dr. Jay Lee, University of Cincinnati, Prof. of Advanced Manufacturing, Ohio Eminent Scholar & L.W. Scott Alter, Chair Professor
- Pierfrancesco Manenti, IDC Manufacturing Insights, EMEA Research Director
- Kevin O'Marah, AMR Research/Gartner, Group Vice President, Supply Chain Research
- Angel L. Mendez, Cisco Systems, Senior Vice President, Customer Value Chain Management
- George Nickel, Johnson & Johnson, Director, Global Process Architecture
- Michael Packer, Lockheed Martin Aeronautics, Vice President, Manufacturing Strategy and Processes
- Scott Park, Volvo Construction Equipment, Global CIO and VP Processes & Systems
- Vince Serpico, L'Oréal, Senior Vice President, Operations North America
- Vikram Sinha, Tata Motors, Vice President and Head of Passenger Car Production
- Mark Wilson, GlaxoSmithKline, Director, Collaboration Management, Pharmaceutical Development Division
“Manufacturing Enterprise Communications is dedicated to the idea that manufacturing will have a better future through discussion, debate, and content that is generated by the community, moderated by editors, and enabled by social media,” Holst-Knudsen concluded.
To learn more about the Manufacturing Leadership Council, please visit Manufacturing-Executive.com/council.
For media inquiries or more informationon how to become a member of the Manufacturing Leadership Council, please contact Cinzia Rinelli, Director, Business Development/Community, at 1 212 290 7266, or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Manufacturing Enterprise Communications
Manufacturing Enterprise Communications, a division of Thomas Publishing Company LLC, produces industry-specific information for global manufacturing markets, providing critical content to innovative and forward-thinking manufacturers – companies that use enterprise systems, information, and automation technologies to transform their businesses and create a sustainable competitive advantage. Manufacturing Enterprise Communications powers the Managing Automation magazine and Website, Manufacturing-Executive.com, the Manufacturing Executive Leadership Journal, the Manufacturing Leadership Council, the Manufacturing Leadership Summit, and the PM100 Awards program.
Written by ML Admin
I'm ML Admin